Hello again, librarian friends!
- TxLA was fantastic this year! Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth and joined us for our author signings, panels, and other events. Please stay in touch! We'll post more about our adventures later this week.
- Tomorrow join us for Booklist's "The Murderous Month of May: Hot Mysteries for Spring" webinar at 2PM Eastern. Sign up now!
- Will you be in Chicago at the end of April? Join Ali for a book buzz on Monday, April 30 in the Harold Washington Library Center (400 S. State St.) in the Cindy Pritzker Auditorium! A complimentary lunch will be served at 12:30PM and the adult buzz starts at 2PM. Sign up now!
- We already mentioned that DON'T EVER GET OLD, the debut mystery from author Daniel Friedman, is getting great reviews. Well, now it has four(!) starred reviews from Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, Booklist, AND Kirkus Reviews!
- Also we heard a rumor that Cat Fancy featured NO COOPERATION FROM THE CAT by Marian Babson in a "Books for Cat Lovers" article. We wholeheartedly approve.
Haaaaappy Monday, lovely librarians!
- If you're going to be in Houston for TxLA in a few weeks, be sure to stop by booth #1704 to say hi! We'll have stacks of great galleys for you. See our full TxLA 2012 schedule here.
- Congrats to Kelli Stanley who just won the Golden Nugget Award for the best mystery set in California with CITY OF SECRETS!
- Also, congrats to our two RITA Award finalists Darynda Jones and Christina Brooke! Read about their super sexy books here.Read more
Author Signing with Ellie James
6:30PM, booth #1704
Author Ellie James will be in our booth signing copies of books from her Midnight Dragonfly series for teens.
Author Signing with C.C. Hunter
10:15AM, booth #1704
Author C.C. Hunter will be signing copies of books from her Shadow Falls series for teens.
Opening Author Session Luncheon Sponsored by LiFTA (ticketed event)
12:00 - 1:50PM, Hilton Americas Houston, 1600 Lamar St., Level 2, Ballroom AB
Join authors Lisa Scottoline, Harlan Coben and John Green for a bite! Details here. Luncheon tickets must be purchased through the preregistration process by Friday, March 30.
Crime Time: Thriller Author Panel
8:30 – 9:50AM, George R. Brown Convention Center, Level 3, Room 371 ABDE
Publishers Dish the Latest Buzz in Books for Adults with Ali!
10:00 - 11:20AM, George R. Brown Convention Center, Level 3, Room 304 AB
The ever-popular industry preview of forthcoming titles. The Macmillan Library presentation will be given by Ali.
How to Do an Author Program - Pros within the Publishing Industry with Talia!
10:00-11:50AM, George R. Brown Convention Center, Level 3, 372 A-F
Publishing reps including Erica Melnichok from Random House, Virginia Stanley from HarperCollins, and our own Talia Sherer, will offer you guidance on how to plan and conduct a smooth author visit at your library.
And finally, an event plug from the Macmillan Children's Publishing Group:
This year at TLA, Macmillan is thrilled to be throwing a 50th Anniversary celebration party for A WRINKLE IN TIME featuring Madeleine L'Engle's granddaughter, Charlotte Jones Voiklis. Check out an interview and program preview with Charlotte here, and be sure to stop by the program on Tuesday, April 17th from 1:00 - 1:50PM! You'll receive a FREE A WRINKLE IN TIME tote bag filled with promotional materials!