Welcome back from Thanksgiving, everyone!
I hope you all had an uncomfortably delicious holiday. While you're recovering with your leftovers lunch we have a few items to share with you:
- Teen Librarians, please join us next Tuesday (12/4) for the Association of American Publishers' first ever Children's and YA Tri-State Book Buzz! There will be goodie bags, galleys, breakfast, and good times. RSVP now!
- The paperback of Talia's tell-all memoir is coming out in January, so be sure to check that out...Read more
Happy Friday, librarians! We have two videos for you to cue up and enjoy over your lunch break today.
The first video is an episode of "Book Lust with Nancy Pearl" featuring Nancy in conversation with memoirist Paul Auster in which they talk about his latest, WINTER JOURNAL!
The second video is Shelf Awareness' Book Trailer of the Day for WE KILLED: The Rise of Women in American Comedy: A Very Oral History by Yael Kohen.
Be warned: The video itself is less that 2 minutes long, but time might get away from you as you spend the next few hours looking up clips from all your favorite comediennes...Read more
Look, guys! Look!
This morning Talia received her copy of the first title reissued in the Book Lust Rediscoveries series presented by none other than Nancy Pearl! Talia agreed to do a little modeling for me and show off this fancy new-again novel.
The book is A GAY AND MELANCHOLY SOUND by Merle Miller, it has a really lovely cover, and I for one can't get my eyes off of that handsome Book Lust Rediscoveries logo of Nancy's profile (far right). It's just so charming!Read more
Happy Monday, librarian friends!
"The author illuminates the lives of refugees, for whom safety in India is coupled with poverty and hard work, as well as on-going efforts to bring the Tibetan cause to the attention of world leaders. This book will appeal to teens interested in Tibetan Buddhism, as well as student activists interested in the Free Tibet movement."
- SFF twitter users rejoice! Today (Monday 11/14) Brandon Sanderson (@BrandSanderson) will be chatting with Tor (@torbooks) on Twitter at 1PM EST and you're invited. Just use the hastag #TorChat and jump on in with questions!
- Major congratulations to author Esi Edugyan for winning Canada’s 2011 Giller Prize. Picador will publish HALF-BLOOD BLUES this coming February.
- And finally, on your lunch break, check out Nancy Pearl's Book Lust interview with Jeffrey Eugenides! Video hosted here.Read more
June 23th–28th, 2011, Booth #1126
*Saturday is also Mystery Day on the Pop Top Stage featuring Minotaur authors Ro Harris, Jane Cleland, Nancy Martin, Michael Wiley, Steve Hamilton, Barbara Fister, Rhys Bowen and Cathy Pickens!
I can't imagine why, but I've heard rumors that some of you aren't on Twitter. And don't think you can pull the wool over my eyes; you're reading this post, therefore, you have Internet access and a few minutes to spare! Caught you.
I believe it's my duty to let you peculiar, non-twittering folks know that you're missing out on a lot of fun such as monthly galley chats with @EarlyWord (#ewgc), discussions with patrons about #FridayReads, and best of all, 140-character book recommendations from all the librarians you love!
Some of my favorite book tweets come from the one and only Nancy Pearl (@Nancy_Pearl). I've posted a few of her suggestions below so you can get a taste of just what you're missing:Read more