The 2013 longlist for the second annual Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction and Nonfiction has been announced!
The following titles published and distributed by Macmillan were in good company on this incredibly fine list of literature:
HALF-BLOOD BLUES by Esi Edugyan
BRING UP THE BODIES by Hilary Mantel
JAMES JOYCE: A New Biography by Gordon Bowker
LEONARDO AND THE LAST SUPPER by Ross King
See the full long list here: http://www.ala.org/awardsgrants/carnegieadult/longlists
According to the ALA website "The Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction and Nonfiction were established in 2012 to recognize the best fiction and nonfiction books for adult readers published in the U.S. the previous year." Read more about this award in American Libraries Magazine.
The short list (only six titles) will be released in April and the two winners will be announced on June 30th at the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago. We can't wait!Read more
It's a Monday morning Macmillan party and you're invited, my friend!
- Can you believe it? ALA Annual is almost here! Add our events to your schedule now: The Great Non-Fiction Read-Alike! Book Battle II: The Sequel! Author signings! Glitter stars! Tea!
- The Locus Award winners were announced this weekend and we're delighted to see that Ellen Datlow was awarded Best Editor and Tor was awarded Best Publisher—woohoo! See all of the 2012 Locus Award winners here.
- The LA Times published their extensive 2012 Summer Reading Guide including some excellent picks from Macmillan including:
History and Biography Reads:
Young Adult & Children:
This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
- For those of you curious about the inner workings of Macmillan, you may be interested in reading "Reorganization at Verlagsgruppe Georg von Holtzbrinck."
- And finally, can somebody get this pup a sandwich already?!Read more